IDPA Congress 2017 Abstract Submission
With great pleasure we invite abstracts for the 2nd International Developmental Pediatrics Association Congress being held in Mumbai from the 7-10th December, 2017.
Abstract submission open from : 1st April, 2017 - 30th June, 2017.
Please read IDPAC 2017 rules and guidelines carefully before submitting.
IDPA CONGRESS RULES
- Abstracts are invited in two broad categories:
- Research : Refers to work that has a research question, hypotheses, research methodology and results and discussion.
- Models/Programs : Refers to work related to developmental pediatrics that is not research but that can be showcased as a model for low and middle income countries (LMIC) and/or that is a program that has been in effect with positive outcomes for children and/or families.
- All submitted Research and Models/Programs must have been conducted in or involve children and families from at least one low or middle income country as per World Bank list. (*This includes refugee/ immigrant children and families from a low or middle income country or special minority populations such as Roma, indigenous children)
- The Congress language is English. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English.
- Abstracts must be submitted only via IDPAC 2017 website.
- The presenting author must register for and attend IDPAC 2017.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission and approve the content.
- Priority will be given to Research and Models/Programs that have been conducted in more than one low or middle income country.
- Priority will be given to Research and Models/Programs where the first author is from a low or middle income country.
- Research and Models/Programs that have been conducted only in high income countries will be rejected, except those involving children* and families from low or middle income countries (eg. work done on refugee children in high income countries).
- Abstracts that pertain to general child health/pediatric topics without a specific child development/disability focus will be rejected.
- Abstracts presented in IDPC 2015 (poster or oral presentation) in Istanbul, Turkey will not be accepted for IDPAC 2017.
- Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details, email address, full postal address.
- Author and co-authors' details, full first and family name(s), Affiliation details viz. department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- References are not obligatory and word count is affected by inclusion of references.
- Tables, graphs and images are NOT permitted.
- Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED BEFORE THE DEADLINE in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
- No changes can be made to abstracts once they are finally submitted. You are welcome to bring an updated poster to the congress.
- Abstracts submitted to IDPAC 2017 may or may not have been presented or published earlier (except at IDPA 2015).
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Abstract Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Only a small number of abstracts that will be chosen by the Abstract Review Committee will be presented as oral presentations; a larger number as posters. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the submitting author by 31st July 2017.
The Abstract Committee decision shall be final and binding.
Disclaimer: The Abstract Review Committee is not responsible for any misrepresentation of information by the delegates.
In case of any queries or difficulty in abstract submission, please contact :
Technical queries : email@example.com
Any others queries : firstname.lastname@example.org